Past clients include public and private corporations, insurance companies, municipalities and individuals with serious litigation issues. Joe is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Oregon and Washington. He founded Field & Associates, the predecessor to Field Jerger, in 1994.
Joe is a frequent author and regular speaker on bankruptcy, litigation and collection topics. Recent seminars include:
- Federal Bar Association Seminar on Bankruptcy for Federal Practitioners, Practicing attorney panel member with Bankruptcy Judge, US Trustee, Chapter 7 trustee and Chapter 13 trustee.
- Bankruptcy Issues in State Court Cases, presented with a U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for Portland, Oregon State Court Judges
- Bankruptcy issues in State Court Cases, Loss Prevention Seminar distributed by Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund
- Bankruptcy issues in State Court Litigation, presented to Owen Panner Inns of Court
- Collection Strategies in Commercial Leases, The Sterling Group
- Advanced Collection Strategies, National Business Institute
- Bankruptcy Reform, National Business Institute
- Presented multiple seminars to Oregon State Bar Young Lawyer’s Division on bankruptcy issues
- Contributed to Oregon Statutory Time Limitations (multiple editions)
Prior to practicing law, Joe worked in the Investment Banking Division of Morgan Stanley International in London, UK and for Merrill Lynch Capital Markets in NY, London and Frankfurt, Germany. His technical financial background is valuable in litigation matters involving financial fraud, distressed assets, complex debtor/creditor issues and restructurings. His cases often involve complex financial or business issues from contract controversies or business torts that spill into bankruptcy court.
J.D. Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, 1993
MBA, Graduate School of Business, The University of Chicago, 1984
BA, magna cum laude, Adelphi University, 1978
Oregon State Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association
American Bankruptcy Institute
Multnomah County Bar Association
Debtor Creditor Section of Oregon State Bar
Litigation Section of Oregon State Bar
Commercial Law League of America
National Association of Credit Managers
National Association of Subrogation Professionals
Admitted to Practice:
State Court of Oregon
State Court of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
U.S. District Court for the districts of Oregon, Western Washington and Eastern Washington
Bicycle racing (road, track, mountain biking), windsurfing, alpine and skate skiing, family activities
Disclaimer - Joe Field
Unsolicited e-mails and information sent to Field Jerger will not be considered confidential, may be disclosed to others, may not receive a response, and do not create a lawyer-client relationship with Field Jerger.
If you are not already a client of Field Jerger, please do not include any confidential information in this message.
Also, please note that our lawyers do not seek to practice law in any jurisdiction in which they are not properly permitted to do so.
AV Preeminent® AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
AVVO Rated Superb
Based on reviews from other attorneys and past clients, AVVO has rated Joe Field as a “Superb” attorney with a rating of “10” on a scale of 0.0 to 10.
AVVO rated Superb
“2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Real Estate” by the The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel magazine