Scott Jerger is a partner at Field Jerger LLP. Scott joined Field Jerger in 2003 after receiving an LL.M in environmental and natural resources law. Prior to that, Scott was an environmental and regulatory attorney for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the City of El Paso, Texas. Scott’s practice focuses on environmental and commercial litigation.
Scott is licensed to practice in Oregon, Washington, and Texas and has litigated cases in state and federal court in all three of these states as well as many others, and in multiple federal appellate courts. His clients include multi-national corporations, closely held companies, partnerships, and individuals.
Scott is an adjunct professor at Lewis & Clark Law School where he teaches Environmental Litigation. He is also a frequent author and regular speaker on environmental topics. His publications include:
- EPA’s New CAFO Land Application Requirements: An Exercise in Unsupervised Self-Monitoring, published in the STANFORD ENVIRONMENTAL LAW JOURNAL, 23 Stan. Envtl. L. J. 91 (2004).
Recent speaking engagements include:
- Managing Stormwater in Oregon. Northwest Environmental Business Council , Portland, Oregon, June 21, 2018.
- Managing Stormwater in Oregon. Northwest Environmental Business Council , Portland, Oregon, June 22, 2016.
- Intervention under Fed. R. Civ. P. 24. Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon, March 5, 2016.
- Managing Stormwater in Oregon. Northwest Environmental Business Council , Portland, Oregon, May 22, 2015.
- Remand without Vacatur- A new remedy. Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon, March 1, 2014.
- Clean Water Act Enforcement, Panelist. Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon, March 2, 2014.
- Electronic Discovery in Environmental Litigation, Panelist. Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon, March 2, 2012.
- Bankruptcy for Federal Practitioners, Moderator. Portland, Oregon, October 21, 2010.
- Enforcement, Science and Deference. Northwest Water Law Symposium. Eugene, Oregon, October 9, 2010.
- Roads & Clean Water: New Tools for an Old Problem, Environmental Law Conference, Eugene, Oregon, February 26, 2010.
- Playing Your Cards Wisely: Managing Risks Associated with Open Source Software, Hosted by Woodcock Washburn, Seattle, WA, April 23, 2009.
LL.M. in Environmental Law, cum laude, Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, 2003
J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1997
B.A., cum laude, University of Texas at Austin, 1992
Adjunct Faculty, Lewis & Clark Law School
Oregon State Bar
Texas State Bar
Washington State Bar
Environmental and Natural Resources Section of the Oregon State Bar
Chair, Oregon State Bar Federal Practice and Procedure Committee, 2011
Member, Coastal Law Project Steering Committee, Oregon Shores Conservation Coalition 2012-present
Arbitrator for Multnomah County Circuit Court
Admitted to Practice:
State Court of Oregon
State Court of Texas
State Court of Washington
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Supreme Court
Surfing, rock climbing, cyclocross, mountain biking, bicycle racing
Disclaimer - Scott Jerger
AVVO Superb Scott
AVVO rated Superb